Friday, November 29, 2019

Thankful


Go to worship song as of late:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoFeWN6QPuc


Psalm 100

     A psalm. For giving grateful praise.

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.

    Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.



Another Thanksgiving holiday has passed and we are quickly on the way to Christmas. I knew that the holidays were going to be emotional but I really could not fully prepare for the emotions that surfaced that day. I waited for the FaceTime call I would normally get form Gregory. I made my list of calls to the family and so badly wanted to call his phone. I just miss him. This is the new normal in our family. We have a void but God is still blessing us in endless ways. We had a lovely week of family, laughter, yummy food, lots of snow and more food. It was perfect. God provided, as He always does, in a BIG way. Ending the Thanksgiving day with our nightly routine and I just lost it. Tears. Tears. Tears. Mia was in the bath and just watching her mama cry. She knows when I am sad. She always says "I'm sad." and makes the saddest/ sweetest facial expression I have ever seen. She gets it. I really believe that. She shows such concern and compassion for me. I try to always let her know why I am sad, whatever the reason may be. The last year, it has mostly been "Mommy really misses her brother- Uncle Gregory. Uncle Gregory is in Heaven with Jesus" and she absorbs the information and moves on. 

For months, I felt awful that she was seeing this emotion over and over and over again but that faded. I am proud that she is seeing so many real emotions every day. This little girl is growing up in a world where there are things that are "sad". There are things that aren't always making us "happy". I want her to know how to feel emotions. How to process them. How to come to God with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that she feels. He is a God who cares- and I try and remind her of that daily. 

Psalm 100 is frequently used often during the Thanksgiving season but this year it just hit in a different way. "Shout for Joy to the Lord, all the earth". I asked God, "How?". How do I shout for joy when I feel sad. When I feel that life is a little unfair this season. The answer was in the next two verses... 

"Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture." 

I just had to re-set, re-focus, and worship. I had to remember that He made me and I am His. He has not forgotten. He has not walked away. He is and always will be worthy.  He is good and his love does endure forever. 

It was a moment when I remembered that just a moment in his presence can heal any hurt we have. 

This holiday season, whether it is a beautiful season, hard season, sad season, depressed season, fun season, etc- "worship the Lord with gladness! Come before him with joyful songs! Know that the Lord is God." He is Emmanuel, God with us. He is always making all things new. 

Mia and her daddy- best buds. Always bringing joy!

The Davis Clan came to CO for a pre-Thanksgiving vacay! 

Torti and Me- just snug as bugs. Pajamas all. day. long. 






No comments:

Post a Comment