Sunday, October 11, 2015

How much more?

         Something awesome happened this week. We rescued a Dachshund! His name is Paxton. He. Is. Awesome. Seriously, I already love him so so much. It is a tad insane. Friday morning, I woke up at 5 a.m. and was anxious to finally have someone up with me in the wee hours of the morning. I went straight to Paxton's crate and said, "Paxton, WAKE UP!!" He barely opened his eyes and somehow found his way to the door and we headed outside. 

       The moon was out, the sky was clear, the air was crisp. What a beautiful morning. I walked Pax around the neighborhood and looked up at the stars. God's creation is just amazingly beautiful and peaceful to gaze at. I kept thinking how crazy it was that I had this insane love for a dog I only knew for less than 24 hours. In that moment, God spoke. He speaks so clearly to me at these weird hours of morning. He said "I love you more. More than you will ever understand." 


     Naturally, I am a very emotional and passion person. Each feeling that I feel is full on. So, as you can imagine, I began to tear up. How could God love me so much? I have been nothing but a sinful wreck for 20 years. (1-4 years old doesn't count ;) )  Throughout my whole life there have been these moments where I thought to myself, "I couldn't ever love anything more". Each time this happens, God uses it to remind me of His deep love for me. What a loving Father we have! He knows the way that each of His children receive love best. 


      I was reminded of this verse, 

            "See what great love the father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1. 

Lavished: to expend or give in great amounts or without limit. His love has NO limits. He went to extreme of extremes to show of true Love. 

This is our God. 

God. Creator of the universe. Elohim.  Created me. Knows me. Chose me. Pursues me. 


He continuously chases after my heart and I am reminded that He truly won't relent. 
 
Thank you, Jesus. 


All of that to say, whenever you think about how much you love something... I pray that God speaks in someway to remind you of the deep love He has for you. Whatever it is that you love "sooo much"....How much more does God love his children?  Even if you do not know Him yet, He knows you. He created you. He CHOSE you. He. Will. Always. Pursue. You. 



Romans 5:8 "But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." 

In Him, 

No comments:

Post a Comment